Some people get in their cars after work, drive to a gym and ride a bicycle in front of a TV. Not a bad idea except for the driving part… and the gym part… and the TV.
The Bike Sweats are a series of outdoor winter bike rides intended to give you a short, hard workout once a week. Riders of any fitness level are encouraged to ride. There are two different workouts alternating weekly:
- Roland Park Hill Climbs start here: HILL CLIMB START
- Lake Montebello Sprints start here: SPRINT START
All rides are Wednesday nights starting promptly at 7:30PM. All rides are approximately 1 hour. See “Upcoming Rides” at right to be sure of the next ride.
The Bike Sweats are intended to be fun, all-inclusive workouts. I designed the routes as a good challenge to keep myself in shape over the winter months and to get me ready for harder, longer rides coming soon enough in the spring.
What do you need to participate?
- You’ll need to stay in touch with this blog. Add your email address and follow any new posts. Ice, snow and/or rain will cancel the ride and I’ll post about it here.
- You’ll need a willingness to push yourself physically and to be respectful of others in the group doing the same.
- You’ll need a bike that’s capable of getting you up steep hills (proper gearing) as well as getting you down those hills safely (good brakes)
- You’ll need strong, reliable lighting on your bike.
- You understand that participating means you’re riding at your own risk.
Questions? Comments? Leave a reply or, just show up and see how you like it.